Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur is has aimed to accelerate the Research and Development through igniting Researches in various disciplines and inviting Research Proposals for the grant of Minor Research Projects during the current academic year i.e. 2021-22. The present scheme is introduced to promote and encourage Research Culture among teachers so as to equip them to take up challenging research activities in future career
GUIDLINES FOR RESEARCH PROPOSALS FOR MINOR RESEARCH PROJECTS
The Minor Research Proposal should be prepared strictly according to the format given in ANNEXURE – I
The following documents should be enclosed with the proposal.
–Brief Bio-Data (ANNEXURE – II)
–Endorsement (ANNEXURE – III) from the Head of the Dept. / College/ Institute on the official letter head. endorsement from Head of Institution/Registrar is not needed because it is in-house program. Rather a declaration from applicant would be better and the same shall be forwarded by HoD/HoIs.
-If facilities from Collaborating Laboratories/ Organisations are to be used, then a Letter of Consent from the Head of that institution/ organisation allowing the use of such facilities
–List of Publications (Papers & Books published / accepted) during last five years)
Guidelines for Writing Project Proposal:
1) The Project Proposal should have a Brief Title not exceeding two-lines to clearly indicate its subject & aim. The introduction of the proposed research work must cover the Origin of Research Problem, Interdisciplinary Relevance, and Review of Research & Development in the subject.
2) Provide comprehensive background information about the project.
3) Review the published work in the area with appropriate references from National or International journals. site the major references most pertinent to the subject and justification to carry out the work in the light of the background information.
4) The rationale behind carrying out the project should be clearly written as the justification for carrying out the proposed research. It should logically explain the reasons for carrying out the research work and explain how it will further add to our knowledge in the respective field or result in further application.
5) Research work should not be repetitive of similar work done earlier either by the investigator or by any other person.
6) Briefly describe the proposed Plan of Work. Describe in general the Techniques to be used.
7) Give Details of Infrastructural Facilities like Water & Electricity, Laboratory Space, Equipments, Library, Administrative and Secretarial support, ICT Facilities, Computation and Documentation Facilities etc.
8) Give details of the facilities available in the laboratory/ organization to carry out the research work. Give details of Special Laboratory Facilities and any other such facility (please specify)
9) List the facilities that will be extended to the investigator by the implementing institution with details of available equipment and accessories to be utilized for the projects with Name of Equipment, Model and Make, Mention whether it is available with investigator or available in the Department or available elsewhere in the Institution or in the region with Collaborating Institutions.
10)If facilities from some other laboratories are to be used, mention the type of facilities and the name of the Collaborating institution where these will be available.
11) The investigator should write a brief conclusion of the project stating how completion of the project will enhance the understanding of the concerned subject and whether it will lead to any applications in the future.
12) Mention about collaborations (Research institution/Industry), if intended.
Guidelines for Preparing Budgets:
The Budget should be prepared for different heads of expenditure such as:
1. Consumables and Chemicals with information about their approximate costs.
2. Equipment: Request for small equipment may be considered depending on its necessity and non-availability in the department/institute.
(Purchased of major equipment will not be considered).
3. Other expenditure such as Contingency and Local Travel, if needed, may be considered. The date of commencement of the Project will start from the date on which the University approves the Projects.
The Investigator/s will be governed by the rules and regulations of the University/ College/ Institute and will be under administrative control of the University/ College/ Institute for the duration of the Project.
The Investigator shall complete the project within the stipulated period. Head of the Departments/Institutions will monitor the project and in case of failure to complaint the Research Project, University may issue the closure notice for the project. If any scientific misconduct is observed, University may ask for the refund of the amount utilized as project grant.
Project must be confined to specific research areas so as the study gets completed within the Granted Time Period.
GRANT UTILIZATION CERTIFICATE MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE UNIVERSITY BEFORE 31st MARCH AND FINAL PROJECT REPORT MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE 31ST MAY OF THE ACADEMIC YEAR.
The scheme welcomes proposals with innovations & new technologies which can be patented or the technology can be transferred. The thematic areas such as development on cross-sectoral areas such as health, communicable and emerging infectious diseases, environmental management, climate change adaptation and mitigation measures, agricultural technologies, alternative energy, biodiversity, food processing, advanced materials for development of value-added products, various societal upliftment aspects, social issues.
After completion of the Research Project, Principal Investigator should submit TWO COPIES of the report with a soft copy in the form of CD/pendrive to
Research & Development
Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University
Principal Investigators will be invited to give presentation of the completed projects before the Expert Committee.
Quality Research Projects recommended by the Expert Committee may be further promoted by the University.
Researchers will be encouraged to publish their work in reputed indexed
National/ International Journals.
It is mandatory to put one page synopsis of the sanctioned Research Project on Institution’s Web site.
The Quality MRPs preferably incorporating Applied Research encouraging young researchers should be forwarded
Upper Limit of the Project Proposal outlay should be upto Rs 3.0 Lakh
No Infrastructural Facilities or Instruments will be granted in the MRPs, however in case of Special Considerations permission should be taken from Board of Deans
Projects will be scrutinized in University by Expert Committee
Final Decision to Grant MRPs will be taken by APEX COMMITTEE constituted by the
Vice Chancellor with representatives from Industry and Academia
The Four Copies of the Research Proposal (ANNEXURE – I, II and III) and soft copy in the form of CD/pendrive along with the above documents should be sent through PROPER CHANNEL (through Head of the Department/ Director / Principal of the college / Institute) marking the Envelop with Title of the Project, Approved / Non approved status, Programme, Name of PI, Name of the College, Mail ID and Mobile No of PI (Through Inward Section of the University) to:
Research & Development Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University
Note: Incomplete projects submissions may be summarily rejected.